What were you doing in 1992?

Last night Julia announced that on October 5th she will have been in Manchester for exactly 10 years and to celebrate is having a “Come As You Were in ’92” party.

Was that the year of Jesus Jones and EMF and Sonic the Hedgehog and Joe Bloggs? Hmm no “International Bright Young Thing” hit the charts in 1990, so maybe 92 was the year of The Levellers? hah – and The Shamen “Ebeneezer Goode”. hmm, sure The Mary Whitehouse Experience would have been my show of choice then too (Rob Newman – yum). Heh, and repeats of Quantum Leap.

Tried to remember – 1992, what was I doing exactly?

OK. so I would have been in the fifth year, doing my GCSEs. (Looks like I’ll be digging out my school uniform then.) Was I working on the check out at Somerfield then too? possibly.

Oh yeah – and velvet jackets from charity shops and Wayne’s World and wearing stupid hats.

ooh just found this site: I love 1992

So what were you doing in ’92?

8 Responses to What were you doing in 1992?

1. Anonymous July 14, 2002 at 8:15 am #

1992 – listening to nirvana – going to grad school – =v=

2. Anonymous July 14, 2002 at 8:16 am #

1992 – listening to nirvana – going to grad school – and growing my hair REALLY LONG =v=

3. Anonymous July 14, 2002 at 8:15 am #

1992 – listening to nirvana – going to grad school – =v=

4. Anonymous July 14, 2002 at 8:16 am #

5. Anonymous July 15, 2002 at 3:06 pm #

Salutations from the SQUIRREL

In 1992 I was 17 and going on into my Sophomore year at HS. Grunge music was all the rage and everyone chanted the names Vedder and Kobain. Not me, though… Mel Torme all the way!!! okay, I liked Pearl Jam a little! I confess! Actually, I was listening to stuff like Sisters of Mercy, Siouxie & the Banshees, Peter Murphy… uhhh… Metallica, Pantera.

Actually, that was a pretty good year for me considering the farce that was my High School education. Met alot of good friends who… uh… aren’t anymore. Right. Uhhh… heheheh!

What else? Ummm… I went on my first blind date and uhh… it was terrible. My “friend” hooked me up with a “human girl” that was really a loud bovine in disguise. I still carry the mental scars. Wanna see?!

20TS

6. Anonymous July 15, 2002 at 3:19 pm #

Living la Vida Loca

There are two stories. Believe which you will:

#1: I was 10. I was an assassin for the fleet of Neptunian Starfighters. We had gone to war against Uranus, and it was looking pretty grim. I ate a lot of cheddar. The women, they wuz plentiful. I still burn for battle.

#2: I was 10. I had just moved from my low-class section of the city to the upper-mid-class. I did not fit in. I begin my slow decline into a social outcast. A new friend there, who I am still friends with, introduced me to Nirvana fully. I was 10, I can’t remember much, sue me!

7. Anonymous July 15, 2002 at 3:06 pm #