@abort

Okay, today I got made redundant again.

I have just got back from work where I had a meeting with the MD. I knew it was coming. Yesterday when I got home from Atlanta, all spaced and confused, there was a letter waiting for me asking to phone in. Something had to be up. After I got hold of Chris Allen and spoke to him last night my suspicions were confirmed.

Was supposed to be at work at 8 but I sure as hell wasn’t going to race out of bed this morning for that so sauntered in about 10 instead. Paid extra attention to my make up this morning too, can’t generally be bothered with that for the office.

So, I sat at my desk for the last time and went through a stack of papers, determining what was worth keeping. Found lots of old crap that was amusing, print outs from way back when on ActionScript.org, my post count was 7. Hauled all my stuff into a bag, and kept on smiling. Wasn’t too difficult either, just thinking of Atlanta brings a silly grin to my face.

Am annoyed that I have lost all my emails on my work account. Attachments that I should have sorted out before I went to the States. Have lost PiXELWiT’s files and that before and after shot of Vile. Hot Damn.

Have no idea what to do now. Time to move on. Gonna have to sit down properly this evening with Matt and work things through there too.

Damn I feel crazy.

For the moment though, I think I shall just go sort through my photos and maybe crack open Flash.

26 Responses to @abort

1. king_prawn November 7, 2002 at 5:09 am #

Man, that’s crap! I’m so sorry to hear about that, but you’ve racked up a lot of experience so I know you’ll find something good again soon. Looks like you had a lot of fun in Atlanta. Say hello to the Tiggers for me.

2. djvext November 7, 2002 at 7:17 am #

Aw, sorry, that is pants news! *not* what you want to hear when you get back from holiday (or any other time really.. unless you have my job)!

I think you phoned me earlier but it sounded like you had sat on your phone or something so I hung up (I thought you were still in the US and that it would cost you a fortune!)

beeg hugs,
    grggl

3. king_prawn November 7, 2002 at 5:09 am #

4. djvext November 7, 2002 at 7:17 am #

beeg hugs,
    grggl

5. nollipop November 8, 2002 at 2:59 pm #

Oh Hell.

Bad, bad luck and horrid employers!!!

Sending you big hugs and thinking of you lots.

It’s too bad that they can’t appreciate how intelligent, efficient and dedicated you are. Needless to say, they’ll be lots of people falling over themselves to employ you.

This could be a good thing, in the end. Think positive if you can! And keep thinking of happy times in the US too!!!

Noelle x.

6. nollipop November 8, 2002 at 2:59 pm #

Oh Hell.

Bad, bad luck and horrid employers!!!

Sending you big hugs and thinking of you lots.

Noelle x.

7. g3m November 10, 2002 at 7:53 am #

Losing a job is never easy – or fun, but you’ll pull through I’m sure! 🙂

On a positive note, at least it gives you time to think – and get everything sorted!

*hugs* gem x

So….

What are you doing these days… 😉

=v=

11. kaypow November 18, 2002 at 3:16 am #

Atlanta

Thanks Clay! You’re great btw 😉

I sure did have a great time in Atlanta! Am attempting a write up but have been slack, will have to get that up this week in between job hunting. ugh.

12. kaypow November 18, 2002 at 3:19 am #

yay! Cheers Nolly, though hang on a sec:

“It’s too bad that they can’t appreciate how intelligent, efficient and dedicated you are.”

..are you sure that’s me you are talking about?!

I’ll have to catch up with you sometime now I am a lady of leisure 😉 (yes mum! I AM looking for a job!)

13. kaypow November 18, 2002 at 3:20 am #

Re: So….

Vile!

Hmm, lets see. That would be getting all excited about your visit but I’m not telling you that.

14. kaypow November 18, 2002 at 3:21 am #

Re: So….

.o0(drat!)

xoxoxoxox K

15. kaypow November 18, 2002 at 3:24 am #

🙂

Good to see you at the weekend mate, even if you were about as talkative as a stick and dragged us all the way out to a crap club with an over abundance of air guitarists and head bangers.

Thanks again for that cd 😉 Much appreciated, sorry I couldn’t have stopped for a chat when I picked it up but Sy was driving as my car was at the garage. You looked all forlorn on your own at work too!

16. kaypow November 18, 2002 at 3:25 am #

yay! hugs to you too Gem!

17. djvext November 18, 2002 at 6:56 am #

hmmm, i think i overdid it at the weekend somewhat. was nice to see you briefly… um, think i was drunk 🙂

hope you had a rocktastic time *cough*

was the cd any use?

18. admin November 18, 2002 at 3:16 am #

Atlanta

Thanks Clay! You’re great btw 😉

19. admin November 18, 2002 at 3:19 am #

yay! Cheers Nolly, though hang on a sec:

..are you sure that’s me you are talking about?!

20. admin November 18, 2002 at 3:20 am #

Re: So….

Vile!

21. admin November 18, 2002 at 3:21 am #

Re: So….

.o0(drat!)

xoxoxoxox K

22. admin November 18, 2002 at 3:24 am #

🙂

23. admin November 18, 2002 at 3:25 am #

yay! hugs to you too Gem!

24. djvext November 18, 2002 at 6:56 am #

hope you had a rocktastic time *cough*

was the cd any use?

25. vilehelm November 20, 2002 at 9:52 pm #

Re: So….

Nyar!

*dons Viking helmet and prepares to sack and pillage the Land of Eng just like in the days of yore!*

I’m actually of Irish descent, doubt if my ancestors did all that much pillaging :\

Still! Brace yerself!