Thunder and Lightning

in Atlanta has just curtailed my oogling at Vile while he works as he’s had to unplug. Bah humbug. Of course, disconnection did not occur before I got to be wished Happy Birthday by his dog. Yay! Thanks Quince.

Went to TKD with Lynsey this evening, hope she got on okay and wasn’t too befuddled by the session. She said she would go with me again on Monday though so that’s a good sign.

She’s fab, gave me my first pressie: a 400g box of Maltesers. Was good and waited ’til midnight to devour them, mostly gone now though. Ooops.

Cheered up a bit now thanks to Bill. Just getting freaked out by all the nightmare immigration stories from Texas Service Centre online, and have had enough of virtual Vile, being in limbo and not knowing how long it will be til I get to hug him.

The prospect of our leaders playing war games isn’t helping either. I was supposed to apply for a job working for the Navy that the Job Centre turned up for me on their system. Deadline is tomorrow and I am not going to be sending it in. Slightly concerned what the Job Centre will say, but I can’t support war and I certainly don’t want to be actively assisting the Armed Forces, even if it is only a junior admin post.

Ugh, 20th March always sucks.

12 Responses to Thunder and Lightning

1. djvext March 20, 2003 at 12:55 am #

Happy Pink Birthday!

2. st353 March 20, 2003 at 1:41 am #

?

>Ugh, 20th March always sucks.
    Why?

3. kaypow March 20, 2003 at 3:05 am #

Re: ?

Because it’s my birthday and therefore always subject to high expectations but generally fizzles like an overused whoppee cushion.

Take last year for example. Been wanting to go on holiday for years and visit Paris. Finally get it together and arrange the flights and hotel. What happens? Week beforehand I trip over and break my collarbone, can’t move and am in agony for weeks. Couldn’t get a refund on the tickets so we went anyway, with me drugged up heavily and I’d say a little out of it.

Oh, and then there was that “little” matter of breaking it off with Matt that week too.

Hmm, March 20th was actually quite stunning in 2002.

Happy Birthday to me.

4. djvext March 20, 2003 at 12:55 am #

Happy Pink Birthday!

5. st353 March 20, 2003 at 1:41 am #

?

>Ugh, 20th March always sucks.
    Why?

6. kaypow March 20, 2003 at 5:47 am #

Thanks Greg. 🙂

uhm, looks like I might be making it into Plymouth this evening for some foodage and bevvying. Yay. Spoke to Nicky this morning and she was sorting something out I think. Hopefully catch up with you and Gem then?

k

7. djvext March 20, 2003 at 5:57 am #

> bevvying

you got me!

🙂

8. nollipop March 20, 2003 at 6:57 am #

Many Happy Returns!

Happy Burfday Miss Pinkaboo! 🙂

Hope you have a jolly day and that it manages to live up to some of your expectations.

Manc news (in case you are interested) the bit next to the market of the Arndale centre appears to be closing down! Not sure what they intend to do with it but it’s prolly going to involve lots of bulldozers and dust. Good things though: Holland and Barrett closing down sale, CD shop closing down sale, wig shop closing down sale… You get the idea!!! 🙂

Oh, and Manchester Uni and Umist are def merging. The Met might join them eventually too. It#s all changing sooo fast!!

9. admin March 20, 2003 at 3:05 am #

Re: ?

Hmm, March 20th was actually quite stunning in 2002.

Happy Birthday to me.