Dentist

Ugh, feel like crap. Had to get up early this morning to get the dentist at 8.30am. I feel like it’s still 3.30 am. When I got down there the appointment had only been written down on the calendar wrong and I was 40 minutes early. Aaaargh.

Dentist was mega nice but I really hate going down there. Thought I was on the home run but he decided today that I really need another 4 appointments! Today I had to have a filling replaced in a bottom left molar, and a smaller filling in the tooth in front of it. Then when he was sorting out my back molar he discovered that the orginal filling had acted like a wedge and cracked the side of my tooth. So that had to be glued back together too.

Was very amused when halfway through a dental nurse came in carrying a box of chocolates for the dentist and his assistant. They had a little conversation about which fondant to chose, the dentist wanted Turkish Delight but had to settle for a caramel! Dentists aren’t supposed to eat sweets! And surely not in front of patients! *blink*

The appointments I had made to ensure everything would be in order before hopefully I get my visa in my clammy hand are now out of whack. However, when I explained to my dentist he said it’d be tight but he’d make sure everything would be sorted by the beginning of October. He’d just have to juggle appointments to do so. Phew.

As it is I am now grumpy, have a very numb face and am about ready to crawl back into bed. My jaw hurts from having to keep it open so wide too. I’m glad I had to wear these safety glasses in the surgery cos most of the time I was sat there with tears in my eyes. Not a very happy Kay.

Miss Bill and Quincy big time.

6 Responses to Dentist

1. king_prawn August 22, 2003 at 4:41 am #

I think Quincy is on Channel 4 weekday afternoons. Maybe Channel 5….

2. king_prawn August 22, 2003 at 4:41 am #

I think Quincy is on Channel 4 weekday afternoons. Maybe Channel 5….

3. kaypow August 22, 2003 at 9:05 am #

Yes, I have a soft spot for that Quincy too, although he is a somewhat less hairy, stinky and grumpy Quincy and probably on consideration more preferable and entertaining. Doesn’t guard a house and stick dog butt in your face quite so well though.

Y’know we still don’t get Channel 5 down here in deepest darkest Devon. 🙁

4. admin August 22, 2003 at 9:05 am #

Y’know we still don’t get Channel 5 down here in deepest darkest Devon. 🙁

5. nollipop August 22, 2003 at 1:31 pm #

Dentists suck

I have complete empathy on the dental front, as I have an appointment on the 5th which I knw involves a filling (my first) and I’m going to have to make myself turn up to it…

It’s my nightmare that he’ll turn around and say: “You need this and this and this…” and I’ll be going back for months too. Eeeeep. 🙁

Hope you’re feeling better though now.

Nx

6. nollipop August 22, 2003 at 1:31 pm #

Dentists suck

Hope you’re feeling better though now.

Nx