Ahoy! and a fine dayt'you all.

Not startin’ off too well for me today because a tript’t’emergency dentist be in store. Molly got a little too excited and buckoly last night when I was havin’ a cuppa, jumped upt’say Ahoy! and smashed t’mug into me teeth. Result – I lost t’temporary coverin’s over me aft tooth that’s been prepped for a crown. Ouchie.

Not got t’old battle ship this mornin’, got requisitioned by me fine shipmate Daddy for t’day so I’ll havet’walk downt’Tavistock in a bit. Hopefully Dad’ll be aft from work by t’time I’ve finished and I’ll be ablet’blag a lift aft.

Also needt’work some culinery magic in t’kitchen later.

Feelin’ much more cheerful at t’moment than I have been. Mainly duet’one little sentence…”See you next week Bill!” Aye! That’s starboard, exactly 7 days and he’ll be within half an houro’landin’ in Blighty and no doubt I’ll be runnin’ around like a headless bilgerat tryin’t’figure out t’car parkin’ at Gatwick. Bill will be here next week. Damn that sounds good.

T’arrivalo’Bill also marks me last 9 days in t’UK before emmigration. If all goes well at t’Embassy on t’1st then I’ll be tearfully wavin’ bye byet’Britain t’followin’ Sunday. I keep fluctuatin’ between excitement, happiness, sorrow, joy, fear and panic. Been quite a jibby few weeks fer me.

😉

8 Responses to Ahoy! and a fine dayt'you all.

1. kingtiger September 19, 2003 at 2:54 am #

Yorkshire Pirates? Ye scurvy dog been at the rum arrrrrr!

2. kaypow September 19, 2003 at 3:12 am #

Yorkshire? Yorkshire?!!

Don’t be daft you scurvy knave! I drink me rum, work me pirate trade for gold doubloons and pillage passin’ treaaye laden boats outo’t’rocky coveso’Devon and Cornwall.

3. st353 September 19, 2003 at 3:54 am #

Yarrr

Yarrrrrrr – avast me hearties. I be expecting the captains lad Billiam’ll keelhauled afore ye make land for his foreign looks and ways from the colonies. There be gold waiting yonder, though – just below the horizon where the best of the worst of us are lost to Davy Joneses locker of the deep – set sail for the sunset, and don’t spare the mainsail! Yarrrrrrrrrrrr.

4. kingtiger September 19, 2003 at 2:54 am #

Yorkshire Pirates? Ye scurvy dog been at the rum arrrrrr!

5. admin September 19, 2003 at 3:12 am #

Yorkshire? Yorkshire?!!

6. st353 September 19, 2003 at 3:54 am #

Yarrr

7. nollipop September 19, 2003 at 3:05 pm #

Johnny Depp?

You’re gone a bit Yorkshire farmer crossed with Ollie Reed methinks…

Ahem, anyway! Yes, how exciting for you! Dress all ready, papers sorted, old stuff sold.

Just think of what a brilliant opportunity you’re going to have! Plus a very good degree from a brit Uni should turbo-boost your career for you. It’s all going to be fantastic!

(sending good vibes)

Nx

8. nollipop September 19, 2003 at 3:05 pm #

Johnny Depp?

You’re gone a bit Yorkshire farmer crossed with Ollie Reed methinks…

(sending good vibes)