Sitting back in front of Vile’s computer again. Made it home Sunday night. Feeling quite strange and uprooted at the moment but relieved and happy and buoyant too. Still in limbo but with a new life with Bill to finally get on with and enjoy now.

Had a very whirlwind last week or so in the UK, feel quite drained and need to replenish myself now.

Mum and Dad have been wonderful the last few weeks and certainly helped to hold me together through this process. Thankyou. It’s hard to leave you behind and I can’t wait to see you in December for the wedding. Wish Molly could come and gnaw me for a bit then too.

Also feel very lucky to have such great friends as Nicky and Lynsey. The fact that I feel let down by so many other people only serves to highlight what fabulous maids they are.

Keep getting sucked down by waves of melancholy, disappointment and nervousness but I have my Bill and he’s worth it.

10 Responses to

1. boo_11 October 8, 2003 at 9:03 am #

Wow so you must be really spaced out now hey? You’ve spent months running around getting visas and flying about and now your finally there, probably at a bit of a loss as to what you are supposed to do now… but don’t worry it’ll be fine!

Congratulations on making it to Atlanta, complete with visa, and finding yourself a lovely chap! I know you’ll be happy together for like, ever :o)

*Waves from Blighty and promises to visit and bring marmite and tea and chocolate*

2. kaypow October 8, 2003 at 9:30 am #

Thanks Sammy

Yeah, feeling very odd at the moment, but it is great to be here.

Not really sure what to do now at all, can’t get a job until I get Work Authorisation and can’t really get around without a car so I’m a bit housebound for the moment. Hopefully we might be able to deal with the employment aspect tomorrow though. *fingers crossed*

Hee, I brought a giant jar of Marmite with me but I don’t think it got on too well with the pressure in the hold as when I opened my case I had Marmite flavoured Buffalos!! Oops. Though of course that shouldn’t put you off coming to visit with more jars to replenish my stocks! 😉 Also caused much hilarity amongst the customs staff when they asked if I’d brought any food items with me. (As it turned out Marmite doesn’t count for that question but I thought I’d be better off mentioning it than not!)

Good to hear from you. 😀

3. nollipop October 8, 2003 at 12:46 pm #

Congratulations!

Well done on landing safely!

Gosh, after all that organisation and fretting you must be all anti-climaxed.

Never mind: Take time to settle in and enjoy not working for a while!!! Have fun thinking about what you’d eventually like to do with yourself.

Above all: HAVE FUN!!! You deserve it.

Nx

4. boo_11 October 8, 2003 at 9:03 am #

5. admin October 8, 2003 at 9:30 am #

Thanks Sammy

Yeah, feeling very odd at the moment, but it is great to be here.

Good to hear from you. 😀

6. nollipop October 8, 2003 at 12:46 pm #

Congratulations!

Well done on landing safely!

Gosh, after all that organisation and fretting you must be all anti-climaxed.

Above all: HAVE FUN!!! You deserve it.

Nx

7. Anonymous October 9, 2003 at 7:01 am #

hi pink, gkad to hear you’ve got it all sorted out finally, must feel great.

i would have a chat with you about it on nyarnia, but it’s a bit awkward now that i’m at uni, and it would probably constitute a waste of precious drinking time!

best of luck over the pond,
    Grifter

8. Anonymous October 9, 2003 at 7:01 am #

hi pink, gkad to hear you’ve got it all sorted out finally, must feel great.

best of luck over the pond,
    Grifter

9. vilehelm October 9, 2003 at 1:10 pm #

Marmite

Well, I always did think that stuff tasted like feet…

*shudders*

10. vilehelm October 9, 2003 at 1:10 pm #

Marmite

Well, I always did think that stuff tasted like feet…

*shudders*