Maraschino cherries

Crap. I was just mixing my cake and it came to adding the cherries. Opened the jar and caught a distinct whiff of almonds. Doesn’t mention anything about nuts on the packaging so I did a little googling, and sure enough maraschino cherries are cherries flavoured with almonds. Gah!

Seeing as I am allergic to nuts I’ve had to set them to one side and I’m not sure what to do next. Seeing as cherries are my favourite part of fruit cake (aside from the sherry that is!) I’m a tad stuck as to what to do about this now.

Pants.

***

Took Quince outside onto the front porch and discovered a little mangy looking black and white cat curled up beside the broken TV. Quincy was very good and left well alone once he’d had a good investigate.

6 Responses to Maraschino cherries

1. boo_11 October 16, 2003 at 3:08 am #

I would happily send you a mountain of glace cherries but I understand they have rules against that kind of thing. I mean, can you imagine, the whole US of A could come to a complete standstill due to a tub of glace cherries. Good lord. Maybe if I sent you one at a time no one would notice, and then you could make your cake. Hoping that the ants in your mailbox don’t eat them.

2. boo_11 October 16, 2003 at 3:08 am #

3. boo_11 October 17, 2003 at 3:47 am #

Just to add insult to injury, I went to the supermarket last night and the cherries in the tub were on special offer, and I did giggle and think of you. Oh the irony, here I am practically surrounded by cherries. Sorry ‘dood’… :o)

4. boo_11 October 17, 2003 at 3:47 am #

5. kaypow October 17, 2003 at 9:44 am #

*wails!*

oh that is just about right!

bah humbug

6. admin October 17, 2003 at 9:44 am #

*wails!*

oh that is just about right!

bah humbug