Kernow Bys Vyken!

Oggys!!

Being from Devon and awfully close to Cornwall, I adore proper pasties. Miss them very much I do. Don’t get none of them tasty oggies ’round these ‘ere parts.

There is an Aussie Bakery in East Atlanta Village that does a passable attempt at a Veggie Pasty, but it’s just not quite right and I’ve had an awful craving for some decent West Country fare.

So what’s a maid to do?

Make my own, that’s what!

I had to stay at home and look after the dogs on Friday morning so I decided to attempt to make myself some cheese oggies, and very proud of myself I am. Okay, I suppose they aren’t original Cornish Pasties unless they are the beef variety but they were pretty darned good.

Go me!

Gav dhymm, res yw dhymm mos lemmyn. Dha weles skon!

8 Responses to Kernow Bys Vyken!

1. mr_foz March 22, 2004 at 8:45 am #

They be Devonshire pasties, lass, what with the crimp along the top!

I am not a pasty expert as such, but it’s common knowledge that they are, in all honesty, simply pies in disguise, and as Daaave is so fond of telling me, I am a bit of a pie boy 🙂

2. kaypow March 22, 2004 at 9:09 am #

spoilsport!

Don’t they look sumptious though?
    Best pasties in Georgia…got to be.

BTW Mum and Dad got me a Devon Flag to hang outside the house. 🙂
    A little welcome relief from all the Stars and Stripes everywhere, that’ll confuse the locals.

3. mr_foz March 22, 2004 at 12:29 pm #

Re: spoilsport!

They actually looked so nice they gave me pasty yearning! I stopped at the bakers and purchased myself one on the way home 🙂

4. mr_foz March 22, 2004 at 8:45 am #

They be Devonshire pasties, lass, what with the crimp along the top!

5. admin March 22, 2004 at 9:09 am #

spoilsport!

Don’t they look sumptious though?
    Best pasties in Georgia…got to be.

BTW Mum and Dad got me a Devon Flag to hang outside the house. 🙂

6. mr_foz March 22, 2004 at 12:29 pm #

Re: spoilsport!

7. missbumpkin March 24, 2004 at 4:16 pm #

pastytastic!

Theyz proper ‘ansome pasties me luvver!

*tummy rumbles*

Sprouts be proud of ee!

8. missbumpkin March 24, 2004 at 4:16 pm #

pastytastic!

Theyz proper ‘ansome pasties me luvver!

*tummy rumbles*