Boring Bog Roll

I was just perusing British Expats while waiting for Illustrator to stop going crazy when a toilet talk thread caught my attention. The conversation had turned to observations regarding the humble loo roll and they’re right, by Jove, all the toilet roll over here is white. No choice of colour at all. No peach, misty green or soft baby blue. Just white. White. White. How dull.

When walking down the aisle in the supermarket I thought something seemed weird but couldn’t place it. But that’s it, it’s the lack of hue in the loo roll department.

Update: Bill says it used to come in different colours and he’d not noticed the shift to white, it snuck up on him. Now he’s thoughtful and curious too.

8 Responses to Boring Bog Roll

1. madgav June 9, 2004 at 3:24 pm #

Wow, a case where the Yanks have more class than we do!

2. boo_11 June 9, 2004 at 3:39 pm #

I’ll send you some… you’ll be the envy of your neighbours…

3. madgav June 9, 2004 at 3:24 pm #

Wow, a case where the Yanks have more class than we do!

4. boo_11 June 9, 2004 at 3:39 pm #

I’ll send you some… you’ll be the envy of your neighbours…

5. Anonymous June 9, 2004 at 8:16 pm #

Nothing humble about the loo roll. I once visited a factory that made the machines that made loo rolls, if you see what I mean. The machines were huge and the cutters frightening, what’s more the science and engineering was brilliant.
    Regarding Bill, I think I’d be curious if a loo roll snuck up on me.. unless it was being dragged by a bouncy labrador!

6. g3m June 9, 2004 at 10:12 pm #

Loo roll!

My sister has lived in Holland for years and she pointed that out too!
    Interesting to hear it is the same in the US.
    She finds it really dull too. I always take her funKi patterned stuph when I visit 😉

Apparently dyed loo roll is bad for the environment. – I’m certain the roll itself is bad in any case?!
    Could be why they withdrew it?

Hope you are well, loo roll aside? 🙂

7. Anonymous June 9, 2004 at 8:16 pm #

8. g3m June 9, 2004 at 10:12 pm #

Loo roll!

My sister has lived in Holland for years and she pointed that out too!
    Interesting to hear it is the same in the US.

Could be why they withdrew it?

Hope you are well, loo roll aside? 🙂