More spooky pumpkins

Unfortunately when we went to the StarBar on Tuesday night armed with our medley of knives, assorted pumpkin torture devices and four rather nervous pumpkins there was no Jim to be found. He’d had to call the great pumpkin carving off due to having a headache. That guy works far too hard and was probably keeling over.

I was very disappointed as I’d been looking forward to hanging out with him and watching the master work and without Jim the evening suddenly seemed rather lacklustre.

However, last night our energies returned and Bill and I camped out on the porch and by the disappearing light of an eclipsing moon we carved us some more scary creations.

I reincarnated my attempt at an owl pumpkin from the first time I visited Atlanta. Without the jet lag I think it came out a million times better.

Bill’s pumpkin menaces and terrorises beneath a lunar eclipse

8 Responses to More spooky pumpkins

1. strangepixel October 28, 2004 at 8:32 pm #

*scared*

You guys are way too good at this! Bill’s winning pumpkin the other day [with the eyes] has to be the best carved pumpkin I have ever seen in my whole life, it could be the star of a really creepy Korean horror movie. Your ones are damn spooky too!

2. missbumpkin October 28, 2004 at 9:18 pm #

Wow! Your owl is so cool! I love him! Nicky wants the owl!
    The weird glowing brain is fabulous too.
    You two are truly the Pumpkin King and Queen, you’re amazing 😉

3. strangepixel October 28, 2004 at 8:32 pm #

*scared*

4. missbumpkin October 28, 2004 at 9:18 pm #

Wow! Your owl is so cool! I love him! Nicky wants the owl!
    The weird glowing brain is fabulous too.
    You two are truly the Pumpkin King and Queen, you’re amazing 😉

5. g3m October 30, 2004 at 12:21 pm #

Wow!

You two absolutely rawk at pumpkin carving!
    Greg and I were completely entranced by them I have to say 🙂

Would you mind if I link to them on my LJ? Only, they *have* to be shown off Kay! Wow and ooh, so sinister!

We going to attempt to carve some either today or tomorrow…
    Ours will look feeble in comparison!

g x

6. g3m October 30, 2004 at 12:21 pm #

Wow!

You two absolutely rawk at pumpkin carving!
    Greg and I were completely entranced by them I have to say 🙂

We going to attempt to carve some either today or tomorrow…
    Ours will look feeble in comparison!

g x

7. kaypow October 31, 2004 at 7:13 pm #

Re: Wow!

*grins*

Sure, be my guest. 😀

Thank you for the compliments!

Hope you had fun carving your pumpkins. I think Bill and I are going to do two more this evening. We have a couple virgins left on the front porch so if we manage to complete our chores (house cleaning frenzy today) we’re going to sit outside and savour the Halloween evening with knives and a couple of root beers. (we forgot to get the booze in and you can’t buy alcohol in Georgia on a Sunday! – boooo!!)

8. admin October 31, 2004 at 7:13 pm #

Re: Wow!

*grins*

Sure, be my guest. 😀

Thank you for the compliments!