The bed

Oops. Should have taken some pics before putting the mattress on and making the bed so you could see the nice book matched wooden platform, but we were too eager and wanted to see it made up.

This is the bed we had made in exchange for designing and making that website for the furniture designer. We basically told the guy what we wanted and he made it. Cool huh?!

It has four large drawers in a unit underneath the mattress platform (could stow the dogs in them and still have room for jumpers!) and then the head board conceals another cunning storage unit (seen in photo 5 modeled beautifully by yours truly). It also has a protruding shelf on each side for use as a bedside table, light stand, or in my case, a place for Ed to rest while I snooze. If I remember correctly, the finish is cherry, although the edges of the platform have been left unveneered so you can see the stripey layers of wood it’s made from. Mmmm.

As you can see, we love our new bed!

6 Responses to The bed

1. nollipop November 22, 2004 at 10:19 pm #

Cor!

Very nice! None of that IKEA tat for you two I see!

I’m very jealous. My bed is a sofa-futon which just doesn’t give at all. I’m sleeping on top of two duvets to avoid bruises. It’s *that* hard!

Nx

2. kaypow November 23, 2004 at 12:49 am #

Re: Ikea tat

Ha, funny you should say that. You have no idea how excited Bill is about Ikea imminently launching a store in Atlanta. He’s crazy about it. The store is currently being built and when he drove past the site and saw the first signs of a trademark blue behemoth rising from the rubble he almost had a fit! He’s positively drooling at the thought of being able to shop there.

Don’t like the sound of your bed at all. I rather like hard mattresses to sleep on, but that sounds painful.

3. nollipop November 22, 2004 at 10:19 pm #

Cor!

Very nice! None of that IKEA tat for you two I see!

Nx

4. admin November 23, 2004 at 12:49 am #

Re: Ikea tat

5. missbumpkin November 23, 2004 at 10:38 pm #

Very posh! Looks great!
    My bed came from Trago Mills, 🙁 Don’t tell anyone!!!

6. missbumpkin November 23, 2004 at 10:38 pm #

Very posh! Looks great!
    My bed came from Trago Mills, 🙁 Don’t tell anyone!!!