Who's for pudding?

The ice cream has small pieces of black pudding like chocolate chip ice cream.

Was just waking up reading the latest BBC news when this tasty story caught my eye. Following Bill’s interesting experience with black pudding when he visited the UK it sounds like the perfect treat for him.

At my Aunt’s birthday celebrations poor naive jet lagged Bill was coerced into trying black pudding by my brother who, like my mother, was happily gobbling down the buffet offering with great gusto. It was presented for consumption in little innocuous chunks neatly skewered onto cocktail sticks. When Bill enquired what the fuss was about he was told that it was like “chocolate on a stick” and persuaded to take a sample. Naughty monkey Mel was of no aid to Bill either as in fits of giggles the cheeky wench encouraged my then fiance to partake of this British delicacy before Simon and Mum devoured the lot.

Needless to say when all was explained after curiosity had got the better of him and he’d taken a wretched mouthful Bill was not a happy man.

I’m sure then that Black Pudding Ice Cream would get a hearty thumbs up in this household. Though, of course, I have bets on Bill’s dream ice cream flavour being “Dad’s Shepherd’s Pie”. Wouldn’t that be delicious?

16 Responses to Who's for pudding?

1. vilehelm August 26, 2005 at 2:23 pm #

EEYYEYEYEEUUUUUCK

I think I’m gonna hurl.

Didn’t help that Mel kept saying “Y’know it’s made from Offal!’.

2. vilehelm August 26, 2005 at 2:23 pm #

EEYYEYEYEEUUUUUCK

I think I’m gonna hurl.

Didn’t help that Mel kept saying “Y’know it’s made from Offal!’.

3. downesunder August 26, 2005 at 10:40 pm #

Re: EEYYEYEYEEUUUUUCK

I remember that night, it still makes me giggle.

One thing you could be gratefull for is that it wasn’t Burns Night!
    What would be worse black pudding or haggis?

4. downesunder August 26, 2005 at 11:00 pm #

cottage pie ice cream

We had Dad’s world famous cottage pie on Thursday night, and it was very, very yummy. The only thing was, he did cook a bit too much and now there is a bowl of leftovers in our fridge. As we do have an ice cream maker, it wouldn’t be any trouble at all to whip you up some delicious Cottage Pie Ice Cream, it would be my pleasure. There must be a way to get it to you.

5. ashridge August 27, 2005 at 12:38 am #

Re: EEYYEYEYEEUUUUUCK

Yuck indeed..I can’t stand black pudding too…but Ashridge Cottage Pie is wonderful, probably just behind ice cream om my top 10 meal list..and slightly ahead of fish and chips..but then whereabouts does roly poly pudding and custard go?

6. ashridge August 27, 2005 at 1:02 am #

Re: cottage pie ice cream

I’m sorry I made too much Ashridge Cottage Pie. I thought I’d try and fatten skinny Mel up! Anyway you can mould the left-overs into little cakes and fry them..a sort of a…rssole..rissole..ohh my spelling is awful 🙂

7. downesunder August 27, 2005 at 1:35 am #

Re: cottage pie ice cream

I think Bill would prefer it if I made some Cottage Pie Ice Cream and had it sent his way.

8. downesunder August 26, 2005 at 10:40 pm #

Re: EEYYEYEYEEUUUUUCK

I remember that night, it still makes me giggle.

One thing you could be gratefull for is that it wasn’t Burns Night!
    What would be worse black pudding or haggis?

9. downesunder August 26, 2005 at 11:00 pm #

14. vilehelm August 29, 2005 at 3:52 pm #

Re: cottage pie ice cream

Sure!!! The garden needs fertilizer after all … o.0

(please don’t disown me)

15. Anonymous August 29, 2005 at 11:14 pm #

Re: cottage pie ice cream

The ownership of Vilehelm is not under question. However his wisdom is.
    Does he not realise that the scattering of cottage pie on his yard will encourage every dog,cat,skunk,rat,. snake and grizzly bear from miles around to come and party…………………and yhey’ll bring all their friends!!!!!

16. Anonymous August 29, 2005 at 11:14 pm #

Re: cottage pie ice cream

The ownership of Vilehelm is not under question. However his wisdom is.