Speaking of birthdays

I’m a little freaked out.

I’m going to be thirty on March 20th and I’m not too happy about this. I can’t quite believe that I’ve only got eighteen days left of being in my twenties. *cry* I can’t even go drown my sorrows in vodka.

Anyway, I was reminded that I have some pictures that I’ve been meaning to post for mom. *waves at Fran* She’s been wanting to see the little Kay in the Baddit photo turn around and has been waiting very patiently for this. So, without further ado, here you go…some baby Kay photos from almost three decades ago:

Just a guess, but judging from the parcels in the background, this must be my first Christmas? I still have my old friend Tortoise, though he’s missing his stuffing so he could fit on the aeroplane when I emigrated. He’s another fabulous homemade creation from the House of Downes. I think he’s going to be too precious to be introduced to Samuel.

Yes, that’s my Daddy, what a handsome fellow.

Here’s me with Mum. I wonder what we’re watching? Maybe it’s Bagpuss? Looks gripping.

Ok, you owe me now. Next time we’re in Milledgeville I’ll be wanting to see little Bill pics please!

10 Responses to Speaking of birthdays

1. ashridge March 2, 2006 at 8:29 pm #

Baby Kizzy

Have you been raiding our photograph album?
    Yes it’s your first Christmas
    Yes your dad is handsome..so I’m told! This picture was taken by the Dewerstone Nr Shaugh Prior (Grid Reference 539639). You used to pull my hair! Which might explain the current lack of hair on the top of my head.
    Almost certainly watching that old worn cloth cat Bagpuss..but Emily loved him 🙂

2. strangepixel March 2, 2006 at 10:28 pm #

Your folks were such hippies, your mum really looks like you in that shot btw… 😀

3. ashridge March 2, 2006 at 8:29 pm #

Baby Kizzy

Have you been raiding our photograph album?
    Yes it’s your first Christmas

4. strangepixel March 2, 2006 at 10:28 pm #

5. boo_11 March 3, 2006 at 11:08 am #

Being 30 is awesome, because people never think you look it, and it’s when the fun starts – and you get to think “wow! i made it this far even after all that stupid dangerous stuff i did! I never thought I’d get to be this old!”.

Just do something cool and memorable on your birthday and it’ll all be good 🙂

6. daveyboi March 3, 2006 at 2:12 pm #

Kay you never told me your dad was PeterCook

7. boo_11 March 3, 2006 at 11:08 am #

Just do something cool and memorable on your birthday and it’ll all be good 🙂

8. daveyboi March 3, 2006 at 2:12 pm #

Kay you never told me your dad was PeterCook

9. ashridge March 4, 2006 at 8:11 pm #

Yes..Not Only does he look like Peter Cook..But Also he is an amazingly boring person.

10. ashridge March 4, 2006 at 8:11 pm #