Thursday, 2 March 2006 10:58:47

Hmm, not a lot to do at the office at the moment, especially as Bill forgot to renew my contract and it expired yesterday. Ho hum. Hopefully that will be rectified later today. As we’re not sure how much longer I’ll be up to working anyway I think Bill was just going to see if he can get me approved for another two weeks and then we’ll see how Sam and I are doing.

I’ve been really enjoying the new kitchen and so far have managed to keep it looking spotless despite using it far more than I ever have. We’re also been really good so far this week and I’ve made packed lunches to take with us to the office. Been saving money on eating out, and making sure that I’m eating fresh veggies and healthy food every day. Veggie pasties are on the menu today! Hopefully I won’t break the scales when I see the doctor again Friday week.

Looking forward to pregnancy yoga this evening. I hope there will be a free space in the class for me to drop into. Three or four of the ladies were expected to drop at any moment last week so I’m hoping the class won’t be too busy.

I think I forgot to tell you that I saved the day at Ikea the other evening. We went clutching the half constructed drawer to see if we could get the missing back piece. Unfortunately, when we spoke to customer service there was nothing they could do as the line was discontinued and I was beginning to worry. In desperation we went over to the As Is department and scoured the shelves of oddments to see if we could find the missing piece. We found a similar piece that was too big, had decided to get that and try to cut it to fit and were about to give up and leave, when I idly rummaged through the assorted lost parts again and spotted a piece that looked promising. Big sighs of relief all around when it turned out to be our missing drawer back! Hoorah! Bill fitted it when we got home and we now have a complete unit. Phew!

We still have the wall cabinet to construct now but I think Bill is waiting until he can get some help to attach that to the wall. I’m certainly not going to be much help.

Nursery is still non-existent. I’m hoping that this may start taking shape next week now. We’re on week 31 now and my doctor said to have the nursery ready by week 34…eeek!

Finally, Bill and I are sticking by the phone today waiting to hear from Richard. Leigh was scheduled to have a c-section sometime today so hopefully we should hear that they have their little baby boy at some point. *squeal* I do hope all is going well for them.

12 Responses to Thursday, 2 March 2006 10:58:47

1. michelle_renee March 2, 2006 at 4:52 pm #

When are you due?

Hubbie just started the nursery here http://www.randyandrade.net

I LOVE prenatal yoga – I go every sunday and as soon as this cold is gone – wednesdays too

2. kaypow March 2, 2006 at 5:23 pm #

Hiya!

Hehe, nice nursery! Glad to see someone else is cluttering up the web with copius home improvement pictures! We’re going to be going for a jungle theme for our sproglet. I bought some really cute bedding for it in England when I went home for Christmas.

I’m due on May 1st. (May Day! May Day!) 😀

I’ve only just started with the yoga, tonight will be my third session, but so far I’ve found it quite rewarding. I checked your journal and am also hoping to do the birth without interventions so I’m really hoping that some of the yoga techniques will prove invaluable in getting through the labour and delivery. *fingers crossed anyway* It’s also good to know that not everyone is content to reach for the epidural or plan a c-section immediately.

Hope you feel better soon!

3. Anonymous March 2, 2006 at 5:44 pm #

Re: Hiya!

🙂

Do you use AIM or anything

Yay for new buddys

Have you and your hubbie done any reading on Bradley Birth methods>

4. michelle_renee March 2, 2006 at 5:45 pm #

Re: Hiya!

OOps that was me

5. kaypow March 2, 2006 at 8:15 pm #

Re: Hiya!

I have Yahoo? pinkaboo_uk

Nope, not done a lot of reading on Bradley or Lamaze, other than general browsing on the net. I tried to find classes in the Atlanta area but they were a little out of our price range. We have done a crash course from the Better Birth Foundation that touched on similar concepts though.

6. michelle_renee March 2, 2006 at 8:44 pm #

Re: Hiya!

Bradley was quite costly but I LOVE it –
    see if you can pick up the book – its very very good 🙂

Crash courses are good – my hubbie would prefer this to the 12 weeks we are doing classes together

7. michelle_renee March 2, 2006 at 4:52 pm #

When are you due?

Hubbie just started the nursery here http://www.randyandrade.net

8. admin March 2, 2006 at 5:23 pm #

Hiya!

I’m due on May 1st. (May Day! May Day!) 😀

Hope you feel better soon!

9. Anonymous March 2, 2006 at 5:44 pm #