*yawn*

Was especially hard to get out of bed today but we made it to the office in the end. It’s a horrid day outside and tipping down with rain, but is actually quite refreshing after the heat and pollen of the past few days.

Today I am wearing my slip on sandals because getting my feet into normal shoes proved too challenging. Last night they were scarily swollen. When I took my socks off they left a significant indentation around my ankles and I realised that my feet had been bulging quite dramatically. Having slept with them up on a pillow they seem much better this morning but I still couldn’t wedge them into my shoes.

Bill and I pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon and went back to Sears to buy a fridge. This got even more depressing as aimed with the proper measurements this time we also determined that 99% of the units simply would not fit into our house, and the remaining 1% were inexplicably more expensive even though they are smaller and we couldn’t see what would warrant the price leap. In the end, after traipsing back and forth through the warehouse and measuring every fridge in the place we were left with the choice of two that would (I hope!) actually be usable in our little place. By this point I don’t think we really cared anymore and all the price tags had become swimming bunches of numbers. We plumped for the unit with the least obvious dents on the front and got the hell out of there. No idea when it will be delivered though, we’ll be getting a phone call on Tuesday or Wednesday to arrange a date. Bah, hope it’s not too long, I want to be able to make packed lunches and cook fresh food for us again. We’ve spent another small fortune this week on eating out and even though I’ve been trying to stick to salads and sandwiches, take away food is making me feel like a block of lard.

After putting a few hours in at the office we got back to the house and I am happy to say I finished Sam’s room by washing the floors and windows and clearing out all the decorating equipment. I just need to sort out some curtains and I can declare the room complete. It’s wonderful. Baddit Jr looks very pleased with his new abode. It is, however, the nicest and cleanest room in the house now and I think I may have to move in there myself.

4 Responses to *yawn*

  1. michelle_renee April 3, 2006 at 4:25 pm #

    My hubbie has to put my socks on these days

    Its kind of funny 🙂

  2. michelle_renee April 3, 2006 at 4:25 pm #

    My hubbie has to put my socks on these days

    Its kind of funny 🙂

  3. kaypow April 4, 2006 at 2:34 pm #

    My hubs just laughs at me!

    I bought a birth ball with the intention of using it to exercise and stretch, however, it’s most useful function so far is to help me get my shoes and socks on. Sat on the sofa I have no chance at reaching my feet, but perched on the birth ball I can balance and gently roll into the right positions. 😀

  4. admin April 4, 2006 at 2:34 pm #

    My hubs just laughs at me!

    I bought a birth ball with the intention of using it to exercise and stretch, however, it’s most useful function so far is to help me get my shoes and socks on. Sat on the sofa I have no chance at reaching my feet, but perched on the birth ball I can balance and gently roll into the right positions. 😀

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes