Baby steps

Wow. I’m sat in the front room watching Sam make a leap in learning. He’s laying in his play mat happily batting the toys hanging from the cross bars above him. Every so often he’ll wriggle and let out a squeal. This is the first time he’s shown any real interest of wanting to intentionally interact with his surroundings, other than to feed. He’s amazing. He’s changing so quickly.

I measured him today, he’s now 21 inches tall. That means he’s grown an inch and a half in just over three weeks. I’m looking forward to seeing his doctor again this week and finding out how much weight he’s put on too, he feels like he’s been getting hefty.

16 Responses to Baby steps

1. Anonymous May 22, 2006 at 1:08 pm #

Exponential learning!

Quantum mechanics next week eh?

Hugs to Sammy

2. Anonymous May 22, 2006 at 1:08 pm #

Exponential learning!

Quantum mechanics next week eh?

Hugs to Sammy

3. michelle_renee May 22, 2006 at 5:29 pm #

Violet plays with her mat but she doesnt seem to interact with it yet – just stare off at it –

They are so cute – you can just eat them up!

4. michelle_renee May 22, 2006 at 5:29 pm #

They are so cute – you can just eat them up!

5. kaypow May 23, 2006 at 12:17 am #

Staring

You know, it’s weird, Sam doesn’t seem to be actually looking at things yet, but at the same time I’m sure he is. For example, I’ll have him in my arms and he’ll appear to be staring up above my head, intently focused on something, but if I move my head he will turn his to face the same direction too.

I’m with on the cuteness, so adorable. I could just gaze at my boy all day and he makes me melt. Sam’s just gone through three nappies in the space of five mins, and I could still kiss him all over (well…not ALL over 😉 ).

Ha ha … make that four nappies! *hits post and goes to sort the little chap out yet again!*

6. admin May 23, 2006 at 12:17 am #

Staring

7. Anonymous May 23, 2006 at 7:14 am #

Re: Staring

Agree he is very very cute, understand the gazing thing and the melting thing, and the kissing thing (babies feet are especially nice to kiss) but I’m not too sure about the eating thing… perhaps you lactating women have hollucinations and see your lovely little babies as cream cakes???

Cant wait till august, do you think you’ll have him potty trained by then 😉

8. downesunder May 23, 2006 at 7:17 am #

Re: Staring

hallucinations ????
    is that how you spell it

Just as well Sammy wont be taking spelling lessons from me:)

9. Anonymous May 23, 2006 at 7:14 am #

Re: Staring

Cant wait till august, do you think you’ll have him potty trained by then 😉

10. downesunder May 23, 2006 at 7:17 am #

Re: Staring

hallucinations ????
    is that how you spell it

Just as well Sammy wont be taking spelling lessons from me:)

11. ashridge May 23, 2006 at 1:32 pm #

Hope you managed to get Sammy’s birth certificate yesterday. How did Sammy like being in Purdie?

12. ashridge May 23, 2006 at 1:32 pm #

13. Anonymous May 24, 2006 at 9:45 pm #

Kay,
    Don’t know if you have gotten around to the passport thing yet, with Sam. Keep in mind they need a white background for Sam’s passport photo. It’s best to bring a plain white blanket with you for this. I used to take lots of baby passport photos when I worked at AAA, many moons ago. -Nicole aka “Cae”

14. Anonymous May 24, 2006 at 9:45 pm #

Kay,

15. Anonymous May 28, 2006 at 9:21 pm #

Sammycam

Would love to see you and bill and gran and gramps with sammy on the cam but my Yahoo IM is sound asleep and has been so for 3 days now…..some things do sleep then! Jenny

16. Anonymous May 28, 2006 at 9:21 pm #