It's Quinny time.

Sam and I just woke up from a nice feed and snuggle in the bed. Moments with him like that are just so lovely. This morning we were far more energetic and walked into EAV with Natalie. Finally the weather has cooled down a little bit and so we were able to make the walk to the village, and then onwards to Brownward Park. More importantly we also made it all the way back home afterwards. A coffee, cake and air conditioning stop at Joe’s in the middle certainly helped. By the end of our walk we both felt sufficiently exercised enough to forego the gym today. Let’s see, according to Google, it’s a three mile round trip.

Sam’s chariot, the Quinny, was pulled into action as he is now big and grown up enough to use it. It’s a beast, but on the roads around here it was marvelous, and with big chunky wheels and a comfortable handle bar height it’s perfect for long proper walks. It’s a struggle, but I can also happily report that collapsed it does fit into Perdie, just. Unfortunately, when the beast is in the boot we can’t see out the back window, and nothing else will fit in with it, but as long as Sam, Bill, chariot and I fit I guess the rest doesn’t matter too much. Hoorah for the chariot!

Okay, this picture is for Grandma Allen who we heard wasn’t feeling too well last week. Hope you are over that now and are feeling much better? Note the feet. It was fairly chilly and raining hard when we went out on Wednesday so I pulled out his cute little shoes for the first time.

Sam is really beginning to be mobile now. I just put him down on his blanket to play while I wrote this, and when I looked up this is what I found:

He’s now safely back on his blanket, giggling at Quincy who just walked past and sat down next to me. Yesterday Sam was funny. Bill was sat on the floor holding him and Quince was laying on our futon. Sam started grabbing huge handfuls of Quincy fur and grinning, he really seemed to be getting a kick out of the texture and feel of Quincy. Cute.

Oh, I also just found the toy wheel thing that Sy and Mel gave him pushed all the way back underneath the play pen. As this was also on his quilt earlier I can only presume he took it with him when he attempted his great escape.

8 Responses to It's Quinny time.

1. ashridge September 15, 2006 at 10:15 pm #

Three miles..that’s nothing..a mere amble.

Went to the Pannier market this morning and fought the pensioners back to ensure a coffee and walnut cake. They can be so agressive particularly those with zimmer frames 🙂

2. ashridge September 15, 2006 at 10:17 pm #

Sounds like the Quinny is made by the same folks as the Entity 🙂

3. ashridge September 15, 2006 at 10:20 pm #

I hope Grandma Allen is feeling better. AND yes I watched Sammy roll over and over yesterday on Sammycam..he was soon making his way towards the door..when I called mumsy to watch he stopped doing it…grrrr!

4. ashridge September 15, 2006 at 10:15 pm #

Three miles..that’s nothing..a mere amble.

5. ashridge September 15, 2006 at 10:17 pm #

Sounds like the Quinny is made by the same folks as the Entity 🙂

6. ashridge September 15, 2006 at 10:20 pm #

7. Anonymous September 17, 2006 at 3:11 am #

Welcome Back

It’s so great to see you back on line, and sounding so cheerful …
    ‘Love the pictures…Shoes are for going places,aren’t they?

Love to all from a still recuperating Grandma Allen

8. Anonymous September 17, 2006 at 3:11 am #

Welcome Back

It’s so great to see you back on line, and sounding so cheerful …
    ‘Love the pictures…Shoes are for going places,aren’t they?

Love to all from a still recuperating Grandma Allen