Get Free!

Sam has been presenting lots of new challenges since he proved he can climb out of his cot, easily. He’s both entertained us greatly by suddenly appearing next to us when Bill and I are snuggled up on the couch watching a movie way past his bedtime, and infuriated us by being totally unstoppable and getting into absolutely everything. We didn’t even get to try Bill’s idea of switching to the deeper pack and play, once Sam’d escaped the crib he was merrily climbing out of that too.

Mornings are interesting because we generally wake up when one of us starts to the sound of pitter patter pitter patter past our bedroom door. When we go to bed now we have to be really careful that the baby gate to the kitchen is in place, bathroom door shut, nursery door shut tight and everything else picked up and baby proofed just in case.

Around 3 o’clock I tend to wake up to the sound of Sam on the move. He loves to ride his rocking truck around that time. It was beginning to get to the point where we would generally find Sam awake in the middle of the nursery, or fast asleep on the floor somewhere. Sam’s cot would always be the last place to look.

Last Sunday we decided to convert his cot into the toddler bed. He was an expert at climbing out and 99% of the time did so very gingerly and adeptly (it was the other 1% we caught on film), but the warning on the label had us worried as it strongly said not to use once its occupant could climb out unassisted.

So far so good.

Despite our fretting, Sam does actually climb into his bed and go to sleep now! No idea how long this will last but I like it, and Sam really seems to too. We put a folded duvet beside the open side of the bed just in case he rolls out in his sleep. I’ve heard a muffled thump a few times and had to bundle him back into bed again, usually he just carries on sleeping.

6 Responses to Get Free!

  1. Anonymous September 16, 2007 at 11:45 am #

    Brilliant! I’ll get him some rope and a helmet and we’ll tackle Vixen Tor at Christmas. What size boots does he take? Need to get him some Crampons 🙂

  2. Anonymous September 16, 2007 at 11:45 am #

    Brilliant! I’ll get him some rope and a helmet and we’ll tackle Vixen Tor at Christmas. What size boots does he take? Need to get him some Crampons 🙂

  3. missbumpkin September 17, 2007 at 12:02 am #

    Blimey! Look at that little chap go! Sammy, you are one cute, determined little star!
    xxx

  4. missbumpkin September 17, 2007 at 12:02 am #

    Blimey! Look at that little chap go! Sammy, you are one cute, determined little star!
    xxx

  5. Anonymous October 8, 2007 at 1:13 pm #

    Super baby!!

    A super star is born. I watch him at least 2-3 times everyday 😉

  6. Anonymous October 8, 2007 at 1:13 pm #

    Super baby!!

    A super star is born. I watch him at least 2-3 times everyday 😉

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes