Weekend #1

Worked through my lunch hour and managed to leave at 5, charged back to the flat, drank copious amounts of strong coffee and headed out onto the motorway at 7. The drive down South was surprisingly clear and fuelled by loud music and mint humbugs I made good progress. Even stopped off for 40 minutes to enjoy the culinary delights of Burger King at Gordano Service Station en route. At Exeter, as the drive had been so good, I decided to detour and taxi Matt to his folk’s house, so I took the A38 and dropped him off at his parent’s. Bade him goodnight and tootled off across to Tavistock, and still made it according to my schedule at 12.10. Got a big hug from Mum when I arrived, but poor Daddy the supposed insomniac was dead to the world and snuffling quietly in his bed!

Wow I’ve had one helluva busy day!

Woke up to find dad washing Lara, it’s great to be home! (Park a car in our driveway and you can place bets on how long it’ll be before daddy cleans it!)

Went into Tavy with mum, got annoyed when the pasty shop had sold out of pasties! Arrgh – I traipse all the way down from Manchester for a decent pasty and what happens? You can’t buy one anywhere – not fair!

Sy took me for the scariest drive of my life when he took me for a spin in his modded mini. When I got into the car he warned me to clench and that was an understatement. That mini is a beast, and Sy is one crazy driver. We sure as hell gave those golfers something to be afraid of as we crashed past at full pelt. I’m guessing he doesn’t drive like that with the parents around! I thought it was crazy enough and then we got back to the house and dad mentioned that the speedo is out and when it reads 50 you are more likely doing 75 – sheesh! I’m not even going to tell you what the speedo was reading when we flew past the Golf Club and down Down road. My bottom barely touched the seat. Had a big silly grin on my face when I got out of the car though! 😉 Blimey. Had fun.

Drove out to Bawcombe Farm, was tempted to take the mini but mum and dad insisted I didn’t. Would have liked to take a different car out for a spin. Oh well, guess it probably wouldn’t have coped too well on the farm lanes though. Shame dad had just washed Lara though! Ooops.

At the farm I got assaulted by hoards of dogs and puppies, the place is completely insane! Nicky and I took Betty, the puppy she has decided to keep, for a quick walk across the fields. We were going to go down to the river but we couldn’t decide if the big brown horned animal staring us out at the far end of the field we had to cross was a bull or not, so chickened out and went to Sherril instead. My bikini was miraculously in the car so I took it for it’s first outing and we went swimming in Nicky’s dad’s pool. Haven’t worn a bikini in years, it was quite scary. Anyhow spent a blissful afternoon in Nicky’s company. Just the two of us in this gorgeous indoor heated swimming pool. Fantastic.

Then we bubbled about in the jacuzzi for a while. Then I alternated jumping into the swimming pool and lazing in the jacuzzi, then, floating in the bubbles and diving into the pool, (jealous yet?) until we thought we really should get a move on and be heading into Plymouth to go out.

Nicky’s nan is in hospital at the moment and as she is off to London for the week tomorrow I suggested I would happily drive her over to Derriford to see her nanny en route to Lipson. Her nanny and grandad are really nice, so it was no big deal, nice to go and say hello to them again really.

Never got to the pub like I’d intended to, but then we were on “Nicky Time” so I guess that that had just been wistful thinking on my part anyway! Decided instead to go get changed at Nicky’s flat (Thanks Glenn) and be cheap and go to an offy.

All that exercise earlier had really set us in the mood for some chinese so we then stopped in Mutley to source sweet and sour, a bottle of wine and some Smirnoff Ice. Gorged ourselves silly when we got to the flat, cracked open the wine and had a really nice evening. Entertained Dizzy the cat by completely winding her up with a laser pointer, damn that’s so much fun. Must buy one to torment Mogs.

The wine went straight to my head (don’t do wine, in fact the only other time I’ve really had the stuff was with Pengs – that was great though and actually kinda prompted this foray) and girly conversations ensued. *giggle* Heard some really “interesting” things!
It got to about 10 and we thought we should get changed really and go support Greg dj-ing at Legends.

Ordered a cab that never came and just generally compounded Nicky Time. Had to reorder with a different company and finally made it to Greg’s club only about 2-3 hours late!

Had a great time, was rather merry and bounced lots. Ggl got totally trashed and was unable to function as a dj by the end of the night. Got to finally meet his girly Gemma to speak to properly – she’s lovely 🙂 Greg messed up and played the same track twice, danced anyhow to cheer him up – Greg: no-one noticed, honest!

Bailed on the offer of floor space at Greg’s and went back to the flat with Nicky so she didn’t have to go home on her own, besides it was fun. At some point fell into a deep slumber on the sofa, that is until I slid off and hit the floor like a bag of potatoes! That’s one slippery sofa she has there, does not really go too well with slidey sleeping bag fabric!


*Grin* I’ve been swimming twice in two days! yeah!
Went to the beach today and braved my bikini in public. The weather was gorgeous and the sea wasn’t cold. (not warm, but not cold!)

We had meant to go to Seeton but when we got there it was heaving and full of people! I mean can you imagine?! Anyhow we drove along the coast for a bit until we found a parking space near a pathway down to a bay, and found a stretch of beach with only a handful of other people on it. Of course, this secluded stretch of beach also turned out to have a little congregation of nudists. Fine, no worries, but why do all nudists have to be old and ugly? bah!

In fact, I was sort of forced into the water by an ugly naked man. There I was sat watching mum and dad poke their toes into the sea and plucking up the nerve to go in myself (There was a very seaweedy bit to traverse before you got to the sandy shelf where you could swim, and I had to pluck up my courage to attempt to walk through that.) when this guy (with the strangest ever body shape – sheesh) walked up to the shoreline, directly in front of me, splayed his legs, bent over and washed his bits. It was sit and watch or run screaming past him out to sea! *shudder* That was such an unattractive sight! The guy then spent the entire afternoon parading his bits for all to see at the water’s edge – unneccessary!

It was the hottest day of the year so far and I have the sun burn to prove it – ouch! 🙁

Hmm, I suppose I should go to bed now and be quiet so as not to disturb dad who has to go to work tomorrow so I guess I’ll get to relay today’s events tomorrow.

Could do with finishing the book I’m reading anyhow – my third this weekend – hoorah! If I finish it I can go and buy that book Pengs and Vile were on about without feeling guilty – yay!

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes